HentaiGnome

Feb 2, 2019
Honestly, LOQOO is probably my favourite out of the three, mostly because the secondary characters (aka not Opala/Farah/Osira) actually have a presence, a shame that some of them seems to be hated by the dev (especially Laquadia)
The story itself is ok too, even if there's weak points here and there

The problem of LOQOO really resides in the "side content"
It's like the developer wants to branch out the game in many different ways, but in doing so, never makes any progress
Story-wise, a really good example is the "future world" thing, there's a beginning, but it stops before it actually gets somewhere
If, for example, the current story of the future world stopped after the tower, you would actually know what the story there will be about (the protagonist's objective here, for example), which would create hype about what will happen after
Gameplay-wise, well, a lot of people are already talking about it here, but the many mini-games that gets added despite being underwhelming
One or two great mini-games is more than enough, you don't need 15 different mini-games just because it can exist

Also, I think it would've been better to actually make some NG+ stuff to do, even if the game is not complete yet, to make it look more complete instead of being kinda empty everywhere
For example, being able to craft all the craftable outfits if you NG+ multiple times would be nice and wouldn't be much of a problem since they have to release them at some point anyway (even if they should give outfits with quests instead imo)

The RPG Maker XP getting very old doesn't help either, but all LOQO games are in XP so there's that

But if you're like me and tend to sneak a peek inside the game files to see how the game is actually made, you will realise the ultimate problem of the game : It's a huge mess, especially in the variables and switches part
Those kind of stuff aren't a big of a deal by themselves, but it does tell a story, and I wouldn't be surprised if the development progress gets hindered in some way because of how it would be hard to find a specific variable
I totally agree.

This is actually one of the reasons why I prefer Siren's Domain's games for example. Siren actually finishes the games she makes. There are monthly "consecutive" updates to her games, each one moving their stories along. The only two caveats to this are that her games are much, much shorter than LoQO (but the VERY NICE tradeoff is that the hentai scenes happen sooner and more frequently), and that she works on multiple titles at once. I think she's got three going on right now: Kingdom of Passion, Zombie's Retreat 2, and House Chores. But again, they each get monthly consecutive updates which is crazy when you compare that to LoQO. (As a sideline shout out, this is also why I like Warlock and Boobs. There's less story content, but the numerous hentai scenes totally make up for it. And there's consistent monthly updates. I just wish the developer wasn't so focused on anal content, but it's something I'll have to put up with lol.)

Listen... I've been following LoQO -before- Origin. Some say Origin started circa 2016/2017, it's been SEVEN years already and there's like no end in sight. This doesn't even take into account Gabe's PREVIOUS games, which are obviously much older. I think I got into the LoQO saga since 2010 IIRC. Maybe even further back than that, but I'll be conservative in my estimate. She's been in this business for a long time, she must be living rather comfortably with her Patreon. That's fine, I got nothing against that, but my issue is exactly what you said. She's so focused on a bunch of side quests and minigames that it seems like LoQO Origin is never gonna get finished. It doesn't help that her game is grindy as hell and doubly troubling is that modders have given up modding as a result. We can only rely on save game editors now, which are finicky as hell.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to get this off my chest since it's been bothering me for a while lol. Simply put, I just wish Gabe would focus on the actual meat and potatoes of LoQO Origin and finish the game. She can (and should) save all the other ideas she has for a future title. I think cramming all of that in Origin is a mistake. And for crying out loud, can she switch over to a newer engine? Game Maker XP... good lord lol.

fayt098

Oct 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My teammate dissappear after returning from ruin of the past. Try to add them back from camp but game says party is full. Can anyone help?
like i said in a previous post the only way i had been able to fix it is to download a previous ver. of the game a use it again the game will unjoin them and you can go back to the current ver. and rejoin them

KoldTK

Aug 6, 2017
like i said in a previous post the only way i had been able to fix it is to download a previous ver. of the game a use it again the game will unjoin them and you can go back to the current ver. and rejoin them
I fixed it, but a new problem arise. When devon is captured to stronghold and beatrix joined, party is now stucked with only 2 characters. I try the same method but doesn't work this time. Trying to go to ruin of the past to reset party doesn't work anymore

Edit: Found another method, before you go in Collusia during val toras's invasion. Remove all party members and start the scene. After fighting with Van and return home. You can add party members normally

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Personally my favourite legend of queen opala was the original, it was replayable and nice, LOQO2 on the other hand was... disappointing, we had big maps that the dev encouraged to visit many times for more secrets/stuff, we couldn't even run in game which made it even more tedious then we visit so many places with little to do that it made me wonder just why add so many locations.

With LOQOO it happened again but with bigger cities and locations, at least this time you could unlock running quite soon but the thing is that it just started to ignore what I find the most important which is story, romances and interactions with characters in favour of a lot more side stuff that it's cool to add AFTER everything else is done.

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
For some reason I can't open any of the queen opala games, and I can't find out why it first launch the small window and then close itself no matter which game, I tried the compatibility options to maybe try playing it as a windows 7 game, and a few other things. Does someone has an idea as to why it could happen?

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
For some reason I can't open any of the queen opala games, and I can't find out why it first launch the small window and then close itself no matter which game, I tried the compatibility options to maybe try playing it as a windows 7 game, and a few other things. Does someone has an idea as to why it could happen?
Follow the installation instructions as well as there is a readme file in the zip.
1725752882026.png

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
Follow the installation instructions as well as there is a readme file in the zip.
View attachment 4011149
I did but it still crash. The only thing I haven't yet tried (From the read me file) is the dll file but I believe that would show me an error as to what file is missing am I wrong?
Thought it is said to start the RGSS-RTP_104 program but the game gave me the 102 and 102a in setups? I should already have the rtp installed tho from the RPGM website but I used them anyway

Reactions: Thanhphong231203

Lordlifnar

Jul 28, 2017
Guys, according to the game, there are 3 greed devours, I have 2 (proving grounds and accursed temple) but I can't find the last one, ideas?

baddog9999

Jun 4, 2020
Hello so i was wanted to know if anyone knew if you can change the MC name without starting a new game or if there is a mod for that...;)

Sipshot

Oct 20, 2023
View attachment 4011149
I'm having this same problem it keeps crashing . Update i have the RGSS installed properly but it makes no sense for why it crash's i went into common files/enterbrain/RGSS/standard and clicked on game but it's a ico file that is just a image i think Op MEGA file download is busted.

Last edited:

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
I'm having this same problem it keeps crashing . Update i have the RGSS installed properly but it makes no sense for why it crash's i went into common files/enterbrain/RGSS/standard and clicked on game but it's a ico file that is just a image i think Op MEGA file download is busted.
I tried different download for the other games and had little success so I don't believe it to be the case here but if you actually manage to do it with another download here please do tell

JL5

Apr 9, 2021
Honestly, LOQOO is probably my favourite out of the three, mostly because the secondary characters (aka not Opala/Farah/Osira) actually have a presence, a shame that some of them seems to be hated by the dev (especially Laquadia)
The story itself is ok too, even if there's weak points here and there

The problem of LOQOO really resides in the "side content"
It's like the developer wants to branch out the game in many different ways, but in doing so, never makes any progress
Story-wise, a really good example is the "future world" thing, there's a beginning, but it stops before it actually gets somewhere
If, for example, the current story of the future world stopped after the tower, you would actually know what the story there will be about (the protagonist's objective here, for example), which would create hype about what will happen after
Gameplay-wise, well, a lot of people are already talking about it here, but the many mini-games that gets added despite being underwhelming
One or two great mini-games is more than enough, you don't need 15 different mini-games just because it can exist

Also, I think it would've been better to actually make some NG+ stuff to do, even if the game is not complete yet, to make it look more complete instead of being kinda empty everywhere
For example, being able to craft all the craftable outfits if you NG+ multiple times would be nice and wouldn't be much of a problem since they have to release them at some point anyway (even if they should give outfits with quests instead imo)

The RPG Maker XP getting very old doesn't help either, but all LOQO games are in XP so there's that

But if you're like me and tend to sneak a peek inside the game files to see how the game is actually made, you will realise the ultimate problem of the game : It's a huge mess, especially in the variables and switches part
Those kind of stuff aren't a big of a deal by themselves, but it does tell a story, and I wouldn't be surprised if the development progress gets hindered in some way because of how it would be hard to find a specific variable
I completely agree with you there man, that alternate future ending was easily my favorite part of the game, I would've loved to see how we built up to making Laquadia our wife cause she's best girl to me, the CG is cool and I am super satisfied with that "Bad ending" but I feel like there just could've been more there.

Reactions: Kuroimi95

Smashuztton

Jun 28, 2019
Question 1: After getting back from from ice continent and getting the Kurai artifact, Old Farah and Opala are supposed to be at Wilheed's location, according to Ra'Tiki. Where is this location? I want to play the Tavern Wench challenge with Old Farah (something I should be able to do, says the guide), but I can't find her location and I don't know if she will move back to the castle before 3.24b ends.

Question 2: Is it possible to play the dice game against Sunny Sue-Ellen? At day she stays with the horses and at night she doesn't want to leave.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
ok i now some of the gallorys are are finished with bad endings and stuff but 5 only has fraha. so how many really have bad end done in diffrent art styles

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Honestly it a massive issue... because Gabe has proven she can write a good story.
Heck, LOQO1 is considered a classic of nsfw gaming for a reason, even if simple, because the characters were charismatic enough.
LOQO2 has also a pretty decent story and character arcs, fleshing the family of the previous game a whole lot more. The handicap of that game is how confusing traveling is

LOQOO has the best story out of the three IMO... but the sidequests, the constant optional stuff, the constant re-making assets... it's all too much. It gets to a point where every time i play a version that follows the story once every six to eight months I open the game and don't even know where i was or what should i do. Sometimes I don't remember the main story because it's impossible to remember all of the details and to make clear in my brain what was optional and what is main stuff... and it's development hell. It's been what? two years since we got a big boss from the story fight?
Also gabe said the game would be finished by late 2023 on 2022... so she seems to think she is close to the finish line with the story... but with how many stuff is left open and all the sidequest that don't have a resolution and with the mini-games she keeps adding... this game has still 5-8 more years in development if she keeps going at this pace...

Gabe's case is frustrating because is not a developer over her head that doesn't know how to create a satisfying experiences, but a dev blinded by the want to do new stuff to the point where she never finishes the stuff she left open.

There's so many plots, b plots and c plots without a proper resolution or explanation in LOQOO that it seems absurd and each of those could get expanded on in a full game of their own or take 6 month of constant work to resolve each.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Honestly it a massive issue... because Gabe has proven she can write a good story.
Heck, LOQO1 is considered a classic of nsfw gaming for a reason, even if simple, because the characters were charismatic enough.
LOQO2 has also a pretty decent story and character arcs, fleshing the family of the previous game a whole lot more. The handicap of that game is how confusing traveling is

LOQOO has the best story out of the three IMO... but the sidequests, the constant optional stuff, the constant re-making assets... it's all too much. It gets to a point where every time i play a version that follows the story once every six to eight months I open the game and don't even know where i was or what should i do. Sometimes I don't remember the main story because it's impossible to remember all of the details and to make clear in my brain what was optional and what is main stuff... and it's development hell. It's been what? two years since we got a big boss from the story fight?
Also gabe said the game would be finished by late 2023 on 2022... so she seems to think she is close to the finish line with the story... but with how many stuff is left open and all the sidequest that don't have a resolution and with the mini-games she keeps adding... this game has still 5-8 more years in development if she keeps going at this pace...

Gabe's case is frustrating because is not a developer over her head that doesn't know how to create a satisfying experiences, but a dev blinded by the want to do new stuff to the point where she never finishes the stuff she left open.

There's so many plots, b plots and c plots without a proper resolution or explanation in LOQOO that it seems absurd and each of those could get expanded on in a full game of their own or take 6 month of constant work to resolve each.
Honestly even more frustrating because it's one of the few visual nsfw games were you can play a non-human and a number of them too having sex with hot females. Along with kinks that are very rare these days as payment processors squeeze everyone to their own morality.

3.70 star(s) 74 Votes