IneedLA

Dec 5, 2023
When you think about "Underworld" (and about miss Kate) and then you get those... F*k they ugly... all of them except "wolfy" (sorry, Naya) Well, Kali not bad too.... Its like they're made from a bad clay by a bad potter.
Yeah, yeah.... "a matter of taste" and whatnot, but... they all hypertrophied to ugly... Pretty good story, the lighting and scenes are good, but... F*k ma ass, they... ugl... I'm about to repeating myself

Last edited:

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
So, I've been skipping some updates to let a bit of content build up, and so I decided to start over since it's been a while. I gotta say, the difference between realm 1 and realm 2 onward in terms of quality, is like day and night. Completely different games. I almost quit playing realm 1 again because I was put off by how terrible everything looked. As soon as you get to realm 2, the lighting is worlds better, the animations are WORLDS better, everything looks a lot better.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they plan to re-do realm 1? I think it would be a good idea since I can see a lot of people being put off by the quality of realm 1 and dropping the game before it gets good. How is there such a huge jump in quality between realm 1 and 2?

• Angry
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they plan to re-do realm 1? I think it would be a good idea since I can see a lot of people being put off by the quality of realm 1 and dropping the game before it gets good. How is there such a huge jump in quality between realm 1 and 2?
Please no , no need for pointless reworks while the game is in deveolopment. :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm: After the game is actually completed I wouldn't mind such a rework. But reworks are one of the worst things a dev can do if it's just for visuals , I rather a dev complete their story first I can deal with less than stellar visuals if it means the story progresses and doesn't go backwards.

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
Please no , no need for pointless reworks while the game is in deveolopment. :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm: After the game is actually completed I wouldn't mind such a rework. But reworks are one of the worst things a dev can do if it's just for visuals , I rather a dev complete their story first I can deal with less than stellar visuals if it means the story progresses and doesn't go backwards.
Yeah I tend to agree, it should be done at the end of development. I'm just sayin this game could use some touching up after the fact. I wouldn't just complete it and then leave it as is, it's too good for that.

Reactions: pitao

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
I feel like making the MC such a whore and making vampires feel like sex is just meh no big deal has made the sex scenes feel completely meaningless. There is no tension because you know every single woman introduced wants to fuck the MC and it feels completely meaningless to him like shaking hands lol.

Visuals are great and I do like the story so will continue to follow but ehh

I do like that despite being bonded MC and Leyla do have real fights and conflicts and that they aren't just resolved in 2 seconds

jadarian

Aug 3, 2018
I think it's the latter, collective knowledge of reading too much dense, boring books, lol.

I can't help you with Egyptian mythos but with Greek ones I'd recommend Hesiod's Theogony and Works and days if you want to get the "bigger" picture and to know the cosmogony/origin of the Universe according to the Greek Mythology.

There's also Ovid's Metamorphoses which is some kind of compendium or collection of short myths, from the origin of the Universe to Romulus&Remus (and a little about Julius Caesar apotheosis). Ovid/Ovidius is a Roman poet and his myths are heavily influenced by his own culture (with the concept of primeval Chaos being way different to Greek one), but because of the hellenization of the Romans, most myths/gods/etc. are more or less similar.

I also like to read certain books kinda like in a "trilogy" or a "saga", but based on the original "Epic/Trojan Cycle", like Homer's Iliad (the Trojan war), Quintus Smyrnaeus' Posthomerica (end of the Trojan War+lost stories like the Aethiopis, Little Iliad, etc.), the Odyssey (also end of TW, aftermath to the Greek kings and Odysseus own journey to home), Aeschylus' Oresteia (what happened to Agamemnon after the war and the story of his son).

I also have my own small version of the Theban Cycle (a pre-"prequel" of the Trojan war) with Sophocles' Oedipus Rex (Oedipus story), Sophocles' Oedipus at Colonus (end of Oedipus' story), Aeschylus' Seven Against Thebes (Oedipus sons' civil war), and again Sophocles' Antigone (aftermath of the civil war).

Keep in mind that Aeschylus and Sophocles' works are theater plays, so they're dense asf, and written in a way that I personally dislike (that mf of Shakespeare traumatized me in highschool). The other works may also be pretty dense, if your search/passion for knowledge doesn't let you surpass those hardships, I highly advice to get some "easily readable" books on the matter, like one of those random "Universal mythologies" books that are also compendiums of short stories.

I think there're also ""historical"" novels that deal with those themes too, like Madeline Miller's The Song of Achilles which I didn't read but apparently is pretty famous. I used to read many historical novels like Santiago Posteguillo's Africanus and Trajanus trilogies (about famous Roman characters) and those really help you sympathize with the people and immerse yourself on those eras.
I will definitely read Hesiod' Theogony, Works and Days, Shield. Also, I checked Madeline Miller's The Song of Achilles. Historical Novels always picked my interest. First, I need to understand general assessment of that universe. After I covered basic understanding, I will dive much detailed books.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and your time to preparing.

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1726326137031.png

Hello everyone,

We usually release these posts for paid members, but as we won't be releasing a new chapter until the final update of the main story, we thought we'd share this one publicly so you all know where we're at.

There won't be a new chapter this month. The final chapter was planned as three separate releases, but we've merged these into one big chapter that will conclude the main story of High Lathión.

Our current goal is to release this update next month. If we don't encounter any significant development hurdles, this should be possible. We'll keep you updated.

1726326149529.png

Finale Progress
Further to last week's post, the four scenes that had been lit have now been rendered and post-worked. I've sprinkled image previews throughout this post. These four scenes were initially outlined as the next chapter before we merged the final three releases into one.

The next scene (a big action sequence) has been lit and rendered. The scene after that has been lit, and we're now in the process of rendering it.

Overall, we're progressing at a decent pace.

1726326158303.png

Immersive Recap/Save Simulation
In preparation for the launch on Steam, we've also done some work on the "immersive recap/save simulation", which we've discussed briefly before.

The purpose of this is:

• To allow players who haven't played Realms 1 & 2 for a long time to have a refresher on all the key story events.
  • To allow players who have changed devices or Steam accounts to be able to pick up with a personalised save in Realm 3 if they haven't backed up their Realms 1 & 2 saves.
  • To allow new players who want to jump right in at Realm 3 to do so.
The recap needs to be detailed to cover all of these bases. We need to ensure that all relevant choices are carefully placed throughout the recap to ensure that no significant choices are missed.

I replayed Realms 1 and 2 this week and pulled out all of the choices. It was my first time going through Realm 1 in over a year, so it felt very nostalgic to me, lol. Tae and I then discussed all of the ones that will have a significant impact, and we've currently mapped over 50 key choices that we need to work in.

Writing this recap will likely be a very time-consuming task. I'll be working on it myself pretty consistently for the next week or so.

1726326168112.png

Social Posts
If you follow any of our social pages, you may have noticed that we've started posting more frequently again. We took our foot off the gas on many of our pages over the last few months, but we're now getting back to frequent posting.

If you are interested in seeing more content from us, be sure to follow us on our other platforms.

| |

1726326177626.png

Steam Stuff
In addition to our social posts, we're sharing development updates on Steam. We're aiming to post two times a week for Realm 3 there. It helps us a lot if you do so :)

We also plan to share weekly posts for our other project, A College of Thirst & Claws, which is currently being developed by another team. Our first post was yesterday! This is still a while off release, and we won't be sharing development updates on the TSR Patreon page.

If you use Steam and are following the development of these projects, please consider interacting positively with these posts, as it helps boost our visibility!

Thanks for reading. Let us know if you have any questions, and have a great weekend!

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I do think this is one of the higher quality AVNs out there, and the simple upgrade system, while not a true skill tree, accomplishes what upgrades should, which is to drive elements of the story, as opposed to grinding in order to accomplish the same.

You kind of wonder, "What if I had chosen the sixth sense instead of the speed boost, how would that scene have gone?", which is the kind of thing you want your players to think if you're a gamemaster.

I bought this on steam. :)

Reactions: pitao

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Unfortunaly i kinda started to lose interest in this one and wondered why.

AS another poster mentioned i feel like the lewds completly lack any tension at this point. Its just meaningless fucking with everyone but maybe ley but even with her.

Furthermore i think the MC (and his allies ) are (too) OP but never really do anything, the most epic thing we saw him do was to kill a random werewolf.

I dont mind a OP MC but than show me his feats and power and maybe against somewhat even foes.

The whole plot (so far) revolving around reviving effie feels kinda lackluster for me too as there is just no bond towards her as we dont know shit about the past. Which is another problem for me, being a 3000 year old MC who has way more knowledge than the player.

We are more like ley in terms of knowledge but play the guy whos crown prince and knows everything / experienced everything already in his long life, it just leads to a certain disconnection for me. Im usually not the biggest fan of flashbacks or inner monologues but in this case a few more would maybe help.

Looking at the strange mermaid or dwarf LI's from the upcoming realms doesnt give me any hope that these will refresh my interest either, it unfortunaly feels like im just done with this one at this point despite me usually loving storys like these.

Still a good avn

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I decided to do another playthrough for funsies and I seem to have a massive issue when I get to High Lathion.

I'm happily playing along and it keeps skipping massive amounts of story.

So, I start the game, they go through the portal and have the fight with the Moonzombies and then it skips straight to talking to Seraphina about the curse.

Then it plays through until Asswholeem comes to tell us we're going somewhere and then it skips straight to Kali being in bed after getting injured.

I know that's not how it goes from playing before but I can't get it to stop skipping.

4.20 star(s) 116 Votes