dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Just some answers that none of the people questioning will read because they didn't search the thread:

1. Use 32 English. You can play 30 but it will never be updated and your save isn't transferable.

2. Transferring saves will often not work due to translation differences on different version of the QSP so asking for saves probably means your game is bugged.

3. None of the 32 English QSPs are currently bugged in any sort of way that stops progression. You are doing something wrong.

4. Read the walkthrough (there's literally 4 of them) or use the search bar for simple questions.

dalibut

Apr 2, 2020
Just some answers that none of the people questioning will read because they didn't search the thread:

1. Use 32 English. You can play 30 but it will never be updated and your save isn't transferable.

2. Transferring saves will often not work due to translation differences on different version of the QSP so asking for saves probably means your game is bugged.

3. None of the 32 English QSPs are currently bugged in any sort of way that stops progression. You are doing something wrong.

4. Read the walkthrough (there's literally 4 of them) or use the search bar for simple questions.
Ok answer me this, did you managed, in 0.32, with Lydia (secretary) to influence her enough in the office, without cheats, to go to cafe during lunch break (and I did finished 0.30 back in the day and I do read walkthroughs). I tried Russian original version and both .qsp 0.32 english language packs... I choose Lydia because she can be tested very quickly from the beginning, there are couple of more chars with broken influence stats.

EDIT: Lydia=Luda=Lyuda (you can't raise influence with chatting/compliments etc. with her its stuck at 500, and that's only one example)

Last edited:

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Ok answer me this, did you managed, in 0.32, with Lydia (secretary) to influence her enough in the office, without cheats, to go to cafe during lunch break (and I did finished 0.30 back in the day and I do read walkthroughs). I tried Russian original version and both .qsp 0.32 english language packs... I choose Lydia because she can be tested very quickly from the beginning, there are couple of more chars with broken influence stats.

EDIT: Lydia=Luda=Lyuda (you can't raise influence with chatting/compliments etc. with her its stuck at 500, and that's only one example)
Anything like this is not a translation bug, it's a bug in the original game. When I said that that none of the 32 QSPs are bugged, I was referring to the translations. The original game itself will obviously have bugs.

The way the translation works is by seeing a name and then translating it exactly the same everywhere in the file where that name is used. So Even if Lydia is translated as Lyuda, it will ALWAYS be translated as Lyuda at every spot. The translation process doesn't use alternative translations for the same word.

If this isn't the case, Avenger has mistyped the name which caused another word to be translated there. So any bugs are Avengers bugs.

If you ask ametalc very nicely then they might fix them for you.

dalibut

Apr 2, 2020
Anything like this is not a translation bug, it's a bug in the original game. When I said that that none of the 32 QSPs are bugged, I was referring to the translations. The original game itself will obviously have bugs.

The way the translation works is by seeing a name and then translating it exactly the same everywhere in the file where that name is used. So Even if Lydia is translated as Lyuda, it will ALWAYS be translated as Lyuda at every spot. The translation process doesn't use alternative translations for the same word.

If this isn't the case, Avenger has mistyped the name which caused another word to be translated there. So any bugs are Avengers bugs.

If you ask ametalc very nicely then they might fix them for you.
I never said in my original post, page before this, there were a translation bugs , I said there were game bugs and therefore I recommend folks playing 0.30. Not sure if it's smart to recommend playing 0.32 when it have lot of bugs while 0.30 is much more bug free (and tbh even if he releases 0.33 it doesn't mean 0.32 save games will be compatible).

As for the fix, no need for that and I fix it myself but several folks recommending 0.32 bugged version of the game and saying all is fine when it's not.

Reactions: ginger

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
never said in my original post, page before this, there were a translation bugs , I said there were game bugs and therefore I recommend folks playing 0.30. Not sure if it's smart to recommend playing 0.32 when it have lot of bugs while 0.30 is much more bug free (and tbh even if he releases 0.33 it doesn't mean 0.32 save games will be compatible).
Every version has a lot of bugs, some obvious and some not. It's just how he progresses the game. The last bug free version I can think of was about version 14. It's one of the reasons why we release the versions with cheats enabled.

33 translations will be compatible with 32 as long as people use the same XML file to translate and Avenger doesn't do anything whacky with stories (and even then, it just means that new story won't be compatible and there will be some loose variables in the save)..

Maybe a better phrasing of this, would be that this is a constantly bugged game and you can USUALLY get around it on the latest version based upon some cheats or a patch made by the community. You have to understand that due to the Moon logic that Avenger uses to progress events, 99% of the time when people claim its bugged, they're just not hitting the new event and don't know how to. So its a shorthand. The game will almost never work without cheats and community patches and it sort of never has to be honest. He's not a bad developer Avenger, he just has this massive behemoth of a game that is difficult to catch without automated tools that don't exist in QSP.

Last edited:

dalibut

Apr 2, 2020
Every version has a lot of bugs, some obvious and some not. It's just how he progresses the game. The last bug free version I can think of was about version 14. It's one of the reasons why we release the versions with cheats enabled.

33 translations will be compatible with 32 as long as people use the same XML file to translate and Avenger doesn't do anything whacky with stories (and even then, it just means that new story won't be compatible and there will be some loose variables in the save)..

Maybe a better phrasing of this, would be that this is a constantly bugged game and you can USUALLY get around it on the latest version based upon some cheats or a patch made by the community. You have to understand that due to the Moon logic that Avenger uses to progress events, 99% of the time when people claim its bugged, they're just not hitting the new event and don't know how to. So its a shorthand. The game will almost never work without cheats and community patches and it sort of never has to be honest. He's not a bad developer Avenger, he just has this massive behemoth of a game that is difficult to catch without automated tools that don't exist in QSP.
Ok I just tested one more thing... he did fixed a lot of game bugs (including Lydia) with (RU 1.32GB) and added a lot of new scenes. It seems that update was not only cheats, he added lot of game fixes, new scenes and nice looking cheats as well... sadly it's all in russian :( .

ametalc, dspeed , mikesom any chance you guys have some free time to look it up and translate it ? (this is definetly much more bug free version of 0.32)

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Ok I just tested one more thing... he did fixed a lot of game bugs (including Lydia) with (RU 1.32GB) and added a lot of new scenes. It seems that update was not only cheats, he added lot of game fixes, new scenes and nice looking cheats as well... sadly it's all in russian :( .

dspeed , mikesom any chance you guys have some free time to look it up and translate it ? (this is definetly much more bug free version of 0.32)
Cheat code for versions 32? It even became interesting :)

mikesom

May 28, 2017

dspeed , mikesom any chance you guys have some free time to look it up and translate it ? (this is definetly much more bug free version of 0.32)

When I have more time, I might add the cheats.

I already tested the Russian cheat Qsp a bit and it seems to be compatible with the Qsp I translated.

I mean the save data.

But first I have to finish the normal Qsp.

If I saw it right, there are 2 new characters in the Russian Qsp.

Some feedback on my Qsp would be nice, because translating and testing takes too much time.

But you cannot have everything in life.

dalibut

Apr 2, 2020
When I have more time, I might add the cheats.

I already tested the Russian cheat Qsp a bit and it seems to be compatible with the Qsp I translated.

I mean the save data.

But first I have to finish the normal Qsp.

If I saw it right, there are 2 new characters in the Russian Qsp.

Some feedback on my Qsp would be nice, because translating and testing takes too much time.

But you cannot have everything in life.
There are four new characters and additional scenes for two old characters (patch also includes lot of bug fixes and advance cheats). Character folders inside Vz-xx folders you need to copy in unique_npc folder (there is three vz-xx folders).

I used ametalc language pack for most of the testing of 0.32 (did little testing with dspeed as well), sadly didn't tried your pack so far for 0.32 but I do use your language pack for 0.30 and it's was very good (y)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: mikesom

highstr

May 17, 2018

where is the english files for this game? I havent played before and from searching online i havent been able to find english translations for the latest version (0.32)

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes