3D-HoneySelect [ILLUSION Studio Art] - Show Us Your Skill

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Very nice shadow work

thanks. glad somebody liked it :D

a render from the scene i'm working on. still working of the lighting and background :p still unhappy with the composition.i kinda wants to show her thigh, but always ended up with too much empty areas on the left and right side :D :D

57.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ABQ-NEW

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
A wallpaper i made for myself a while ago. it's non canon (for those who knows who they are), its a little bit empty on the sides, but it gives me spaces on the left side for my icons :p

HS2_2024-08-06-12-29-49-371.png

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
BTW is there a way to make lightshafts to fall not into camera?
i'm sorry , i'm not sure what you mean by "lightshafts to fall not into camera?". could you give me an example of one where it did fall into the camera, and maybe one (it doesn't have to be from HS2) where it doesn't? you could DM me just in case the non HS2 is not allowed here

is it something like this?

5.png

does this still count as falling into the camera?

Reactions: ABQ-NEW

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
thats what i tried to make.
okay, then the trick (AFAIK) is :
1. we need some scattering and density (this is the value that i use, but it doesn't have to be this way
HS2_2024-08-10-12-25-33-438.png

2. a volumetric spot light, try to make the angle kinda narrow.
here's the one that i use
HS2_2024-08-10-12-28-35-603.png
the "light" has to be on, because
3. you would want something to obstruct it, to give it the illusion of being filtered through something. in this one, it was the tree in front of it
4. the most iffy part is "slowly turn the volumetric light toward the camera until it looks a bit like what you want". so yeah, its actually falling into the camera. in this example its a bit of a perspective trick.
5. i'm not sure if my Graphics plugin settings plays a part in this, but i did set them to have some bloom, and i use SMAA mode and 64 pixel light instead of the default 8 (i find this is very important because i use a lot of smaller spotlights)

that's all i know. i would love to know if there is another way of doing this, because i admit, its a very cool effect if it can be done without the perspective trick in this example, and opens up a lot of possibilities

thanks!

Last edited:

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
okay, then the trick (AFAIK) is :
1. we need some scattering and density (this is the value that i use, but it doesn't have to be this way
View attachment 3916249

2. a volumetric spot light, try to make the angle kinda narrow.
here's the one that i use
View attachment 3916254
the "light" has to be on, because
3. you would want something to obstruct it, to give it the illusion of being filtered through something. in this one, it was the tree in front of it
4. the most iffy part is "slowly turn the volumetric light toward the camera until it looks a bit like what you want". so yeah, its actually falling into the camera. in this example its a bit of a perspective trick.
5. i'm not sure if my Graphic settings plays a part in this, but i did set them to have some bloom, and i use SMAA mode and 64 pixel light instead of the default 8 (i find this is very important because i use a lot of smaller spotlights)

that's all i know. i would love to know if there is another way of doing this, because i admit, its a very cool effect if it can be done without the perspective trick in this example, and opens up a lot of possibilities

thanks!
Never even used this window...

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Another victory for communist ideals.
pretty nice lighting :D i like how the rightmost android's butt shines because of the position of the light :D personally i usually use three light per character (left, right, back), but i think in this scene, your current setup is much better suited because it focuses the attention on the "action" :D