PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
It was less "burn out" and more "writers block". If the second game was the issue, I'd have simply dropped the second game. Work on 0.6 came to a standstill way back in January because of this and I started Dawnchaser in February to at least be productive. If anything, slamming my head against a wall any longer trying to get something written would have been a waste of time.

I know it's frustrating and sucks that I had to stop, but arguing about whether it was a waste of time or not is in and of itself a waste of time. Stopping development has nothing to do with the development itself and everything to do with outside factors from real life. I gave a brief overview of some big reasons why I had to stop, but there's a lot more behind the scenes.

Complain if you want, but don't act like you know all the circumstances that led to this.

I know it's basically futile to ask that of the internet, but:
View attachment 3718733
You have a gift of storytelling in an AVN format!

I understand you have RL reasons for stepping way but, selfishly, I hope you decide to work on Evermore on the side without making any commitment to those who would support you - and you can just enjoy the act of creation (and eventually sharing it again when you are ready).

Perhaps you will find that you still want an outlet for your creativity and Evermore - your creation - brings you back.

I have seen a few devs step away for more than a year due to RL reasons and then return - so the optimist in me will hold out a bit of hope.

Regardless of what you choose to do with your creativity in the future - thanks for sharing it with us via Patreon and your F95 interactions.

Also - props to you for choosing Royalty as your first song - it is Epic!

GL with your new job and your future!!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I played this first time (after seeing it on someone elses top list) and it didn't disappoint me. Great story and nice harem with absolutely gorgeous women. Not only women were good looking but on many places backgrounds were also well made.

I saw few typos:
No worries, I have a feeling we'll see eachother again! -> each other
I didn't remember the exact path but I've ben here before so I -> been
I'm sure, as long as you don't give me as STI, you can date -> STD? Sexually Transmitted Disease?
eachothers throats? -> each others
You'll see. I'll go all out, this way I can guage your skill -> gauge
The most notable of these god slayers is known as "The Stygain -> Stygian
heirarchy and infiltrate the Order to foil their plans from within. -> hierarchy

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
I played this first time (after seeing it on someone elses top list) and it didn't disappoint me. Great story and nice harem with absolutely gorgeous women. Not only women were good looking but on many places backgrounds were also well made.

I saw few typos:
No worries, I have a feeling we'll see eachother again! -> each other
I didn't remember the exact path but I've ben here before so I -> been
I'm sure, as long as you don't give me as STI, you can date -> STD? Sexually Transmitted Disease?
eachothers throats? -> each others
You'll see. I'll go all out, this way I can guage your skill -> gauge
The most notable of these god slayers is known as "The Stygain -> Stygian
heirarchy and infiltrate the Order to foil their plans from within. -> hierarchy
STI, I for infection. ;)
It's good that you liked the game, unfortunately, the developer having found a job taking up a lot of his time, development is currently on hold for an indefinite period, or maybe permanently...Sorry for the bad news if you missed this information.
Let's hope for a future for this universe.

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In Jan 20, the progress was 47%. In feb 4 the progress was 53%. Then there was that 10-25%-50%-75% and then the trailer thing, something about Dawnchaser. It did mention the rework was excluded. I'm not sure but it kinda seems to me like whatever is going on should have probably been finished before the indefinite pause but I suppose you can't exactly tell employers to delay the employment by a couple of months or something if you found a good opportunity. Makes me wonder what the final percentage was before the pause.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy_Jam

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
Evermore Walkthrough Mod.

Updated to 0.5.1

Links:
MEGA

(Mod highlights certain choices and shows relationship changes)

Fix: Put the script.rpy into the game folder AFTER you've added the mod. Thanks Priceassia for the fix I didn't know I needed to have.
It seems like most options after a little while just stop displaying what they do.
Some of the earlier options uses () while some of the later uses (] creating a bit of inconsistency I guess.
Some options will say emlove1 or emlove2, although I wonder if they should just say em+1 and em+2 instead while emneg should say em-1.

What really bothers me most of all is after you keep playing for a little while you get options that simply do not mention whether they give positive or negative score, some even have 3 options giving 3 different amounts of negative or positive score while there are some options that just straight up drops you off their path entirely without ever telling you.

Yes, I know that there is a thing called common sense and you will naturally know which is better, but between having someone else introducing you and introducing yourself, do you really expect a "reserved" introvert (with a bit of a social disorder) like myself to know which gives a point and which does not? There is a scene in a canteen when you meet Aria for the first time that gives those options and it's not too obvious for everyone to know which option to go for.
I recommend either updating the mod to include these positive or negative scores and include which will drop you off their paths. Or rework the mod.

I should have everything installed correctly. I installed many mods in the past, this is no different. It bugs me that I fail to download the script tho as there is no option to actually download it, which normally is done by just clicking the file name or icon, but this is just a text file. Instead I need to make a new text document, copy the text over and rename the file and extension to make the file uploaded here.

Reactions: JapanLily

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
It seems like most options after a little while just stop displaying what they do.
Some of the earlier options uses () while some of the later uses (] creating a bit of inconsistency I guess.
Some options will say emlove1 or emlove2, although I wonder if they should just say em+1 and em+2 instead while emneg should say em-1.

What really bothers me most of all is after you keep playing for a little while you get options that simply do not mention whether they give positive or negative score, some even have 3 options giving 3 different amounts of negative or positive score while there are some options that just straight up drops you off their path entirely without ever telling you.

Yes, I know that there is a thing called common sense and you will naturally know which is better, but between having someone else introducing you and introducing yourself, do you really expect a "reserved" introvert (with a bit of a social disorder) like myself to know which gives a point and which does not? There is a scene in a canteen when you meet Aria for the first time that gives those options and it's not too obvious for everyone to know which option to go for.
I recommend either updating the mod to include these positive or negative scores and include which will drop you off their paths. Or rework the mod.

I should have everything installed correctly. I installed many mods in the past, this is no different. It bugs me that I fail to download the script tho as there is no option to actually download it, which normally is done by just clicking the file name or icon, but this is just a text file. Instead I need to make a new text document, copy the text over and rename the file and extension to make the file uploaded here.
Your points would have make sense 2 years ago, but now that the game is abandoned (sorry, "abandoned"), it wouldn't make sense at all to work on a mod for a game who'll never be finished.

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
Your points would have make sense 2 years ago, but now that the game is abandoned (sorry, "abandoned"), it wouldn't make sense at all to work on a mod for a game who'll never be finished.
I'm just gonna keep this short. I'm here playing the game now for the first time. I would have appreciated the mod to do what's expected of a walkthrough mod. It makes perfect sense for me that the mod could be updated. I have recently got a mod developer to update their old mod for a game that hadn't been updated for a while after mentioning a promised feature that was never delivered. After mere days and the feature was now there.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
I'm just gonna keep this short. I'm here playing the game now for the first time. I would have appreciated the mod to do what's expected of a walkthrough mod. It makes perfect sense for me that the mod could be updated. I have recently got a mod developer to update their old mod for a game that hadn't been updated for a while after mentioning a promised feature that was never delivered. After mere days and the feature was now there.
Yeah, I understand your point and it's totally valid.

The think is, don't get your hopes high because this game (and the mod) would probably never be touched again, sadly.

BigRedBeast

Nov 28, 2022
Evermore Walkthrough Mod.

Updated to 0.5.1

Links:
MEGA

(Mod highlights certain choices and shows relationship changes)

Fix: Put the script.rpy into the game folder AFTER you've added the mod. Thanks Priceassia for the fix I didn't know I needed to have.
tried to download the script patch, but all it did was open a new window on my web browser and showed me the code.

Dragoon420

Aug 24, 2020
It was less "burn out" and more "writers block". If the second game was the issue, I'd have simply dropped the second game. Work on 0.6 came to a standstill way back in January because of this and I started Dawnchaser in February to at least be productive. If anything, slamming my head against a wall any longer trying to get something written would have been a waste of time.

I know it's frustrating and sucks that I had to stop, but arguing about whether it was a waste of time or not is in and of itself a waste of time. Stopping development has nothing to do with the development itself and everything to do with outside factors from real life. I gave a brief overview of some big reasons why I had to stop, but there's a lot more behind the scenes.

Complain if you want, but don't act like you know all the circumstances that led to this.

I know it's basically futile to ask that of the internet, but:
View attachment 3718733
[/QU

hey man i wish you the best of luck with everything i reall do hope your able to keep working on this game from then first time i seen the F95zone page for it i liked it and when i first plaied it i wanted more and more wi will have to be honest im sad you have to take a sep back from it because with in the 4th update from when i started this VN it went from being one of my top 10 favorets to to being tied with onother for the top spot but then with the last few updates it clamed the 1st spot of my top ten favorits and has not droped yet. been thinking abnout replaying it sevral times but with this news i had went back and plaied it from begining to now about 10 times and at the end of the latest update each time i will be honest i did shead a few tears because i will miss it getting updates . YOU ARE THE BEST VN WRIGHTERS I FALLOW .

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
I recently downloaded the game, and there was a notification that dev was planning to remaster (or reboot) the first parts of the game. Now we have to wait to see if the dev would return back or not?

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes